There is only one result you are looking for when you sit down with an agent “The sale of my property”. Every agent is good at some point of the sale process, some are good at listing, some are good at talking, some listening, and some selling. Few are good at all of them.
Here are ten of the most important questions that should be considered when selling your home. If you are seeing many agents it might be an idea to use this as an agenda to your meeting. It may save you time, provide the meeting with structure and determine the most suitable agent for you. After all, if you don’t have the best representing you, you can’t expect the best results.
1. What do you know about your agent? Do they have a reputation?
2. Where do buyers come from? How will a buyer find your home?
3. How will your home be marketed? Why is that style of marketing best for your home?
4. What are the internet/web capabilities of your agency? What is your agent’s social media plan?
5. How will the right buyers be found and how will the highest price be achieved?
6. How can a print media help the marketing of your home further? Does it?
7. Are you locked into the agency, even if they aren’t doing the right job?
8. What happens when a buyer looks through your home?
9. How long does it take to get a property on the market?
10. What are the next steps?